Wind Ensemble Eligibility
The Wind Ensemble is Capital Christian Homeschool Band’s flagship program intended to be for our most advanced students. An audition is required for membership.
- All positions in the Wind Ensemble will become available at the end of each year.
- Instrumentation may be limited at director’s discretion to provide balance.
The most likely instrument to be limited is the saxophone as there is typically much interest in this instrument. The saxophone is also a powerful (loud) instrument
that is used primarily for harmony in a Concert Band/Wind Ensemble setting. Saxophone players are encouraged to double on clarinet and consider playing the clarinet
for the Wind Ensemble.
- This band will be filled by audition only. Audition material will be announced on the CCHB website at the end of each school year and the auditions will take place
prior to the first rehearsal of the following year.
- All auditions will be judged by the entire staff of directors.
- Auditions will be scheduled near the Orientation Night.
- At the Director’s discretion, the auditions may be live or recorded.
- Auditions must be submitted by the due date or the student risks being ineligible for the Wind Ensemble. Exceptions will be handled at the director’s discretion.